Introducing Muuro: Interior wall & ceiling panelling with a modern architectural aesthetic
Product News | April 8, 2021
WHAT IS MUURO?
Muuro is an interior wall & ceiling panelling collection designed by Forté to address the demand for an interior panelling product with an architectural look that is straightforward, inexpensive, and easy to install.
Muuro provides an excellent alternative to traditional timber panelling and sarking products as its real wood veneer provides the same look at a more affordable price, whilst its engineered construction ensures that the product is structurally stable and will not warp or bow like solid timber products. It's long 2.7m lengths - with no shorts (unlike solid timber) - mean that you can achieve a seamless, join-free look when laying vertically on walls up to 2.7m high.
Add to this the fact that Muuro is supplied pre-finished in a range of colours, requires no further finishing after installation, and is quick and easy to install - we believe Muuro is the best solution to interior wall & ceiling panelling yet!
HOW IS IT MADE?
Muuro is made in Spain using only the highest quality materials. The product is made up of several components; each hand-picked from the world’s best suppliers in order to create a premium product.
- Bona® Matte Lacquer - sourced from Bona® in Sweden; worldwide-renown experts in stains and finishes
- Real wood veneer - sourced from one of the leading and largest wood veneer suppliers in Europe
- High quality, low VOC glue
- Moisture-resistant HDF core with Unifit X® joint profile - sourced from Unilin in Belgium, the leading producers in this field with over 60 years’ experience in producing core board. The Unifit X® joint profile is currently the most advanced locking profile of its type
- Veneer backing
WHAT SETS MUURO APART?
- Clear grade timber (no knots or cracks) gives a premium clean, contemporary look
- Long 2.7m lengths ensure no joins are required when laid vertically on walls up to 2.7m high
- Supplied pre-finished, saving time and money. No guesswork with custom colouring - what you see is what you get
- Looks just like solid timber panelling, but has a more stable engineered construction with real timber top layer
- More affordable than solid timber panelling, both in material cost and installation
- Uses approximately 1/16th of the amount of precious hardwood resource compared to solid wood panelling of equivalent dimensions
- Oak and walnut species have a higher density than most other popular wall panelling products which makes them less susceptible to damage
- Durable, extra matte Bona lacquer finish is stain-resistant and easy to care for
- Lightweight and easy to install - Unifit X® locking joint profile ensures quick and easy joining of the planks
- Available in a range of colours to suit many interiors; including 4 styles in Oak plus American Walnut
WHERE CAN MUURO BE USED?
Muuro can be used on walls and ceilings in interior applications such as:
Please note: Muuro is not recommended for use in wet areas.